Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Diwali Celebrations

Thank you all for your wonderful wishes..hope all of you had a lovely time this Diwali.

We had a great time in Blr with hubby’s family.Burst a lot of crackers,lit a whole lot of diyas and ate unlimited amount of sweets and put on at least 2 kgs in a matter of 2-3 days!!But it was fun..I can still hear the sound of crackers as I am typing this..guess this is one festival which no one wants it to get over.

On Sunday(Diwali eve),it was Narakachathurdashi and according to the tradition,ma-in-law prepared fish curry and fry.Hubby was very happy as this was one festival where non-veg was a part of the festivities..!!On Diwali day,it was a typical Konkani lunch with Channe Ghashi,Puli Koddel,Phodis and Madgane.Had a wonderful time..!!


How did you celebrate Diwali..??

Another one for JFI-Festival treats!

7 comments :

  1. We too prepare Non -Veg . But only after offering to gods we make non-veg (only mutton). Hope u had a wonderful deepavali

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice platter..I missed being at home for Deepavali..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divu, very late here, but as u said it wd go on till 'Tulsi pooja' ;) I was Rangoli fanatic for these five days..mom too makes fish this day!(Yumm) and that platter surely makes my heart miss a beat, I m missing the home diwali..All the same, 'hw we celebrated' not as grand as in India but few crakers and sweets, not-so-special dinner! :D
    Have a Great Diwali to u n urs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awa...the lunch looks very yum Divya..nice to see so many crackers..did you burst all of them??...Ours went well too..though I didn't make any special lunch expect the sweets and savories!...

    why no entry for JFI?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the plate looks yummy..looks like you have had a great time..

    ReplyDelete
  6. o u make me nostalgic yaar! lovely pics and yummy plater

    ReplyDelete

A blog is not complete without the readers feedback.Please let me know how you liked my post.Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Love,
Divya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover