Saturday, September 27, 2008

Eggless Choco-Chip Cake


Encouragement is one thing...appreciation is another.Overlooking is a totally different thing.I have come across these feelings often.Though most of the times its the first two,the third one is also *omnipresent* in my life.At least I feel so.There have been occasions where I have felt people deliberately ignore your work,something like "a food blog...baaah",not that I care,but...beats me!!It is true in terms of criticizing also.Constructive criticism is fine,but doing so just for the sake of it??

There are people who try and sugarcoat too,even before they start chewing the food,comes the compliment-"hmmmm delicious".And some who do the opposite..who put the food in their mouth and say.."salt/sugar is less/more or,I make it differently".Not that I crave for compliments or anything of that sort.But of course,I am human.I deserve a word of appreciation for all the hard work that I have put into it.At least a word "its nice"..?? Hubby says I shouldn't expect people to say anything at all..easier said than done.Sometimes I do accept that logic too,when I see that all food is polished off the plate with a last lick,that is a sign of appreciation too,isn't it?

Anyway..you guys must be wondering why such a description for a cake.Well,let me explain.Last night,few of my hubbies friends made a demand.They wanted cookies and cake.It gives me great pleasure to make something when someone asks for it.These guys are matter-of-fact,if its good-its good and if bad-its bad.They love the cookies I make(even though I have only limited baking prowess,about which obviously they have no idea).As I put the last batch of cookies into the oven(I made about 3 dozen),I set about making the cake.It was getting late and I decided to make it in the MW.Ever since I saw Sowmya's Chocolate cake,I've been wanting to make that.I followed the same recipe,except for one ingredient,added 1/2 cup of chocolate chips into the batter.The cake came out excellent-it didn't rise much,but was very soft and moist.They simply loved it,an empty container coming back is a lovely proof!!

Eggless Choco-chip cake(adapted from Sowmya of creativesaga)

Ingredients

Maida - 1 cup
Milk - 1 and 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder- 1tbsp
Baking powder - a small pinch
Oil- 1/2cup
Sugar- 1 cup
Dried fruits- 1cup(I used almonds,apricots,cashewnuts)
Chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence- few drops

Method
Add milk in a pan and boil it.
Add the dried fruits and leave it for sometime till they become a little tender and allow the milk to cool down.
Blend this mixture in a blender till the fruits are ground well.
Add the oil and blend it again to a thicker consistency.
Add the sugar and again blend it for a few minutes.
Transfer this mixture to a bowl.
Add the choco-chips,mix well.
Sieve the flour along with baking powder and cocoa powder.
Add this flour in small parts into the mixture mixing it gently.
Add few drops of vanilla essence. Mix gently.
Grease a microwave proof bowl and pour the batter in it.
Microwave on 80% power for 8 minutes checking in between. Allow to stand for a minute. Remove the cake and cool it.
Sprinkle some icing sugar on top.

Chocolate and Microwave...does it ring a bell..?? Yeah,off this goes to dear Srivalli for her MEC-Chocolate.

6 comments :

  1. beautiful divya..am so glad that you tried it out..i had stopped making cakes in mw ever since i got an oven,...seeing yours am tempted to start once again..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divya, this is like you have answered my prayers. I have a bag of chocolate chips sitting on the counter and I was just looking for a good recipe!
    I know what you mean about such people, it is just jealousy and it better to ignore them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciation really does matter a lot....totally agree with what you've said. The cake looks good....I'd love to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Divu, the new profile pic has u in chef avtar or what? :D Cheer up..there are people around who know nothing of what they say, but say it with authority..do they even know what a blog is?? So why loose ur cool over them, so many comments simply mean that ur efforts are truly liked n u got it right..if they lick the dish clean, comment or no comment its a straightaway credit to the chef! :D THis cake sure looks moist n baked in so less time! Tks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats surely a lovely cake..thanks Divya..

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cake came out lovely though the Choco chips sank at the bottom and while transferring the cake onto a plate that layer broke.... But the cake is delicious ��
    Good luck to me next time.

    ReplyDelete

A blog is not complete without the readers feedback.Please let me know how you liked my post.Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Love,
Divya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover