Sunday, July 3, 2011

Deepa's Pudina Pulao

Apart from us food bloggers,I find people who garnish and decorate day to day food and click pictures of it and post it on facebook truly out of the world.I find so many of my friends and relatives who post pictures of what they cook and post it on facebook daily that no sooner I asked them to do a guest post for my blog.


I was so happy when Deepa,my bro's friend's wife replied immediately in positive.She very quickly clicked a pic of this yummy Pudina Pulao and sent me a mail replete with the picture and a full post!Thank you so much Deepa!


So here's the whole thing,in Deepa's words.


First let me thank Divya for inviting me to do  a guest post...Thanks Divya.It is my pleasure to do something for your blog..Divya,your blog JUST ROCKS!!!!!!  I  met  Divya after my marriage .She is my hubby’s close friends sister.

I am not a person who has a great passion for cooking.I first tasted Pudina pulao when I happened to go to my friends place for lunch.The pulao,she prepared was just awesome.That was the first time I got the opportunity to get a taste of pudina/mint...I immediately fell in love with the flavour.I had no second thoughts on the menu when my hubby invited one of his friend home for dinner...It came out quite well and the second time i made it,was even better..So,here goes the recipe.

photo pulao
Pudina/Mint Pulao



Ingredients 
For the pudina juice-( I use a watery juice instead of pudina paste)
  • Pudina(Mint)leaves  - 1 cup loosely packed
  • Coriander leaves- Half a bunch
  • Grated coconut-Half a cup      
  • Cinnamon-1 big
  • Cloves- 4-5
  • Bay leaf-1
  • Green chillies- 2  or (as required)
  • Ginger-Garlic – 1 small piece of each ( I did not use garlic)

Other ingredients

  • Basmati Rice- 1 Tumbler( I use the regular steel tumbler)
  • Onions – 2 big
  • Carrot -1 big
  • Fresh peas- Half a cup
  • Beans- 10 -12 in number
  • Ghee-1 tbspoon
  • Oil- 1 tbspoon
  • Jeera-1 teaspoon
  • Water- 1 and a half tumbler...(Water has to be adjusted with the amount of pundina juice obtained)
  • Salt to taste
Method

For the pudina juice
Grind together the required ingredients[mentioned above,for the juice] with enough  water.
Strain it to get a clear green pudina juice.Keep it aside.

For the Pulao
In a pressure pan add the ghee and oil.
Add jeera  and sauté it till u get the aroma of jeera.
Then sauté the onions till golden brown.Add  the rest of the ingredients and sauté for a few seconds.
Now,add the washed basmati rice.Stir well and add water (water has to be adjusted with the pudina water obtained)  
I used 1 tumbler of pudina juice and half tumbler of water.Add salt to taste.
Close the lid.After 1 whistle,simmer it for 2-3 minutes. 
Mix it well.Garnish the pulao with roasted cashewnuts  if required.
Cucumber or onion raita,and Lijjat papad can be served as a side dish.

17 comments :

  1. That looks really yummy n' wholesome Divya....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is karnataka style palav...I make it exactly d same way..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pulav looks really nice,got to try,its wholesome with other veggies added to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pudina pulao with veggies sounds like a lovely idea...very flavourful pulao

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at that awesome greenishness!! Awesome post

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is a interesting way of pulav tell deepa i will try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pulao with veggies looks super colourful n inviting..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy and flavourful Pudina Pulao...first time to your space...you have a lovely space with yummy recipes

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pulao does look good, i also prepare pudian puloa but withou cocnut shld try this out sm time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so great of you to let a reader guest post. The pulao looks delicious :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. i make this the same way except i dont add cocconut into it...will try next time with coconut.one kanada frd taught us ...nw everybody here prepare tht

    ReplyDelete
  12. i make it the same way except i dont add coconut into it...will try with coco nex time.one kanada frd taught us..aft tht everybody here prepare this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sure.. gng to give it a try.. the colour itself is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Divya,
    I am a first time visitor to your site.
    Tried this recipe today, and it was just awesome.
    Thanks for this recipe.

    Shubha

    ReplyDelete

A blog is not complete without the readers feedback.Please let me know how you liked my post.Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Love,
Divya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover