Monday, March 7, 2011

Eggless Whole Wheat Almond Cookies

IMG_4014
I have a fetish for some select recipes.Like Chocolate cakes.Over a period of time,I have baked quite a few Chocolate cakes and have my go-to Chocolate cake recipe too,but if I see a new recipe,I have to bookmark it,or even jot it down.A photo of a tall slice of Chocolate cake is the first one I notice among the many other pictures in a cookbook.Similarly a Nankhatai or Butter cookies are part of the same story.I have recipes from my trusted sources and have baked them too but when I see a new recipe,I am tempted to try them immediately.
IMG_3991

So I was delighted when Ria chose this recipe from Manjula's Kitchen for A Sweet Punch for March.The recipe by itself is a very simple one and the video makes things easier.The best part I liked was that this was baked using whole wheat flour/atta.Kind of makes you feel less guilty when you chomp down the cookies one after the other.The ingredients can be found easily in your pantry,so go bake them immediately,I bet you cannot stop at one!!


Eggless Whole Wheat Almond Cookies
Recipe source - Manjula's Kitchen
IMG_3972
Ingredients


Whole wheat flour/Atta - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup*
Unsalted Butter - 1/2 cup /100 gms [softened]
Sliced Almonds - 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Milk - 2 tbsp[if required]


Method


Preheat oven to 180C.
In a bowl mix together the flour,sugar,almonds cardamom powder and salt well with a spatula.
Picnik collage
Add butter and start kneading lightly until you get a smooth dough.
If the dough is crumbly,you could add few drops of milk as required to form a smooth dough.[I had kept the butter outside for about an hour and hence the butter was very soft,I did not add milk at all]
Divide the dough into 24 equal parts and shape into balls.
Flatten a little by pressing each ball between your palm[about 1/2' thick].
Place the cookies in an ungreased cookie sheet/baking tray with enough space between each cookie[about 1' apart].Picnik collage1
Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes or till the cookies turn golden brown.
Let the cookies cool on the baking tray for 2-3 minutes,then transfer to a cooling rack.
IMG_3997

Store in airtight containers.


Notes
  • *Sugar mentioned in the recipe is fine granular sugar,so if you only have access to the regular granular sugar,pulse it in the mixer in 2 second pulses till you get fine textured sugar.
  • Butter should be very soft so that it makes easier to knead the dough.If the butter is not soft enough,you would need to add more milk to bind the dough,which would in turn make the cookie hard.
  • The baking temperature and time depends entirely on your oven.I baked mine at 150C for 20 minutes and the cookie was baked perfectly,though the recipe says to bake at 180C.So bake according to the oven type you are using.
[If you want to be a part of A Sweet Punch,send a mail to asweetpunch@gmail.com]

35 comments :

  1. Divya,

    Pls pass me the whole baked ones..looks hmm.. cute clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm this looks so delicious,..will give this try soon..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies came out really good Divya:)...have to post mine....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks very crispy n perfect...Almonds in biscuits is a lovely idea...luv the addition of wheat flour making it all the more healthy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm, scrumptious cookies, enjoying making and munching...easy challenge for the sure..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious ...n your stepwise pics are more helpful ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cookies a lot and these look perfectly baked and in shape. I want it now hmmm.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful lovely and perfect cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow..they look so perfect dear..:)
    love 2 gobble few..:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are looking perfect! Nice pictorial,neat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Almond cookies look soo yummy n crunchy..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tell me about feeling less guilty when chomping down one after the other. One side of my mind kept telling me there still was butter in here - but I chose to listen to the one that told me ..but its wheatflour! haha..The cookies look absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is super yummy :) love it totally at the first look and lovely clicks buddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome cookies,divya and Great clicks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks yumm...love the perfectly baked cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We loved these cookies too Div. looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Divya,,these cookies are such a treat to eyes.
    cheers and happy cooking,
    Nikki
    titilating-tastebuds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Divya,,these cookies are such a treat to eyes.
    cheers and happy cooking,
    Nikki
    titilating-tastebuds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for this great recipes for Eggless Whole Wheat Almond Cookies! Check out RecipeLion for five easy eggless chocolate chip cookie recipes:

    http://www.recipelion.com/Cookies/5-Easy-Eggless-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Recipes-and-Cooking-Tips#

    ReplyDelete
  20. They have com,e out perfectly dear, love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely cookies Divya and u know that i totally loveeee ur cakes..:)
    I have an award waiting for you on my blog. Please visit and collect :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I tend to notice recipe with nuts, chocolates amongst others. This must have tasted very buttery, nutty, cardamom is a nice addition, whole wheat a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those cookies look delicious Divya. I agree.. there are just some kinds of things I always gravitate to! Like chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic recipe. Just tried it. Absolutely lip smacking. Thks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  25. awesome awesome awesomeeeeeeeee recipie...hubby dear relished every single bite..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Divya,
    I made these cookies today with few changes.I used grounded almond instead of sliced ones.They came out excellent. A little sweeter than what i would have liked,nevertheless they were crisp and chewy. Thank you.Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have been baking from last 5-6 years and have made several cookies but i came across this recipe for cookies without eggs and baking soda\powder i thought of trying it the same day . But i was very disappointed with the results as cookies came out sooooo hard that no one can eat them without braking there teeth .
    I am highly disappointed . I have tried 3 batches of different cookies from this website and they all are really really hard and impossible to eat .
    Wasted my time and efforts .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry this recipe(as well as the other three,as you have mentioned)did not work for you.Ever since I've started baking I've been baking cookies without eggs(barring one or two perhaps)and each and every time they've come out well.I have to mention,especially this recipe.Moreover,every single recipe posted here is tried and tested by me first,only the successful recipes make it to the blog.

      Delete
  28. Hi, I m trying to bake these cookies for a long time without success. I m using Morphy Richards 18 ltr oven and within 10 min of baking, the cookies burn from bottom. However they r half baked from top. Can u suggest what is wrong here.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey Divya I just baked these and they are just perfect! Thanks for the recipe and I ll be sharing it in my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Divya here's my link to these cookies hope you'll check it http://aromasofmykitchen.blogspot.in/2014/01/whole-wheat-almond-butter-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey Divya I just baked these and they are so yummy... My kiddo loved it! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

A blog is not complete without the readers feedback.Please let me know how you liked my post.Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Love,
Divya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover