Friday, July 30, 2010

Eggless Oats Brownies


Very rarely do we come across recipes which sound sinful but are super healthy.Quite an oxymoron I know,but I am sure you'll agree with me after seeing the ingredients which go into this delicious,decadent and fudgy Brownies.I have a weak spot for Brownies and I keep collecting Brownie recipes like there's no tomorrow.So when I saw Sunita's post of Eggless Oaty Brownies,I was jumping in joy.Here was a Brownie recipe which was Eggless,low-fat and low-sugar too.And like Sunita's other baking recipes,this one was made with Atta/whole wheat flour and with oats.Can it get better than this??

I set about making it last Sunday while I was making dosas,oh didn't I tell you the making of these beauties were a breeze too??No excess beating of ingredients,no waiting for butter to come to room temperature because..well,there's no butter in this recipe!!Only effort for me[if there's one at all] was to melt the chocolate[since I freeze the chocolate,it was hard for me to wait for it to come down to room temperature and then melt it].

It smelled divine while it was baking and I found it so hard to wait for it to cool down so that I could cut it and EAT it!!


It had the perfect crust,oh the crust!!I couldn't tell it was made with atta and more important,I kept telling myself that they were low-fat while chomping down pieces after pieces!!


Eggless Oats Brownies
Recipe courtesy - Sunita of Sunita's world

Ingredients

Whole wheat flour/Atta - 1 1/2 cups
Oats - 3/4 cup
Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Dark Chocolate - 150 gms,melted and cooled
Dark Brown Sugar - 4 tbsp[I used white sugar]
Milk - 2 cups
Sunflower Oil - 5 tbsp

Method

Preheat oven to 180C--Grease/line an 8' square cake pan.
In a mixing bowl,mix together flour,oats,cocoa powder and baking powder.
In another bowl,mix together milk,sugar and oil.
Mix the liquid ingredients into the flour mix slowly.
Fold in the melted chocolate.
Transfer the batter into the pan and smooth the tops with a spatula.
Bake for 30 minutes,the centre will still be soft at this stage.
Place the pan on a rack and cool completely in the pan[believe me,this is the hardest part!!]
When completely cool,cut into 16 squares.


36 comments :

  1. Wow, perfectly baked Brownie. It inspires me to bake these decadent ones again in my oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwwwww.. looks very tempting and delicious.. perfect clicks divya.. yummm..

    ReplyDelete
  3. brownies and healthy.. good one..i am so going to make it .

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow divya this looks absolutely moist and gorgeous.. definietly will try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the brownies look too gooey and tempting...feeling like having bite right now....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so easy to make and as you said nutritious too. Loved the pictures. Do you think I can substitute cocoa powder instead of the chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, that looks scrumptious and healthy too. Everything that went in is good, what delicious and tempting looking pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Divya!!! That looks so gooey and yummy!! Love the glazed crust!

    ReplyDelete
  9. DIvya this is tempting me so muh to come nd have it ryt now... Wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this healthy n eggless version of browine....bookmarked

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, what a sinful beauty....looks so preety and yummy, Divya

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think I ma going to make this soon...I always look forward to healthy and low fat bakes..looks yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely delicious, tempting brownies..

    ReplyDelete
  14. These do look super fudgy and oh so yumm!! One more in my'must try' list!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. brownies look so sinfully good...! yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahha healthy brownie...it has my name written all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh!mouthwatering cake dear.an award is waiting for u in my blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. wowwwwwwwww yummy yummy yummy.....i am yet to learn the basics of an oven....love to bake..but just waiting to start :D


    Lavanya

    www.lavsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bookmarked.. Just a query. What if I remove the oats.. My hubby doesn prefer oats.. Can I substitute it with some nuts or more flour.. Plz let me know..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oats is one of the main ingredients in the recipe.I am guessing you can use almond meal as a substitute.

      Delete
  20. wow, brownies look so yummy, send me some pls

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely clicks Divya! The brownie looks so chocolaty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Remember seeing these at Sunita's. A very guilt-free way to eat brownies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yummy looking brownies...have been wanting to try them for long...urs look perfect

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oats in brownies?? There's a first for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi .. the brownie looks yummy. What oats was used? Is it old fashioned/quick cooking etc?

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi Divya,
    They look lovely. Can we cook them in microwave?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can.MW the brownies for 7-8 minutes at 70-80% power and let it cool completely before slicing.

      Delete
  27. hi divya...i tried baking these as y first baking attempt....it was still yummy but turned out hard and a little burnt at sides..could u give general tips on not burning or overcooking brownies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burnt sides could be due to high heat.Try reducing the temperature and bake for a slightly longer duration.

      Delete
  28. Hi Divya,
    I have been a regular visitor of your blog since sometime. You have a beautiful space out here :-)
    I tried this recipe yesterday & it came out really good. Thank you for your lovely recipes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. it really came out good..better than Dominos choco lava.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Disappointed...texture no doubt was amazing but it did not taste sweet at all..far less sugar than required . Also we did not add any vanilla essence, so the natural flavour of the flours was too overpowering
    I am definitely making this again..but with more sugar and vanilla :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that Priya.The original recipe is a little less sweet,I think the dark chocolate and less sugar is the culprit.But since this is supposed to be a low-fat treat,I let it be.Please do try with more sugar and let me know the results.I usually add coffee or vanilla to boost the chocolate flavor but went with the original recipe here.

      Delete
  31. Hey, how do I bake this in a power MW oven? My MW doesn't have temperature indicators, so cannot pre-heat it :(

    ReplyDelete

A blog is not complete without the readers feedback.Please let me know how you liked my post.Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Love,
Divya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover