Friday, March 12, 2010

Mango Chundo



There was a time when I used to cook our regular meals according to the events going on the blogosphere..yeah I was a crazy blogger then:).Now of course I have sort of settled down and draft my posts accordingly and post them to match any event..yup,little tricks that blogging teaches you!!

MEC aka Microwave Easy cooking was one of the first events that I ever sent an entry to.In fact,following Srivalli’s Microwave cooking series I have prepared so many dishes which I wouldn’t have otherwise.So it was only natural that I send my entry this month,the theme fits the bill perfectly-Celebrating Bloggers.Bookmarking dishes from other blogs and trying them out is no more anything new to me..I do that all the time!!

A pale looking raw mango,peeping at me all the time from the fridge got me thinking.I had a recipe for Mango Chundo and I had been waiting to make it since long.I remembered sharing the recipe with Srivalli.A quick peep into her blog confirmed it.I went ahead and tried it..it is lipsmackingly good.Takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish.Tastes great with roti,dosa and bread..yum!!

Mango Chundo

Recipe source - Tarla Dalal


Ingredients

Raw mango grated – 1 cup [around 140 gms]-I used a medium sized mango.
Salt – 1 tsp
Haldi – ¼ tsp
Sugar – 1 ½ cups [ I used just a cup]
Chilly powder – 1 tbsp [ I used ¼ tbsp as I didn’t want it too hot]
Jeera, roasted and crushed-1 tsp

Method

In a microwave safe dish mix together grated mangoes,salt and haldi and keep aside for 3 minutes.
Mix in the sugar with 1 tbsp water and keep aside for another 3 minutes.
Microwave on high for 3 minutes- the sugar syrup should have a one thread consistency[I microwaved for about 7 minutes to get this stage]
Add the chilly powder and crushed jeera and keep aside to cool.
Store in a dry container.[I like to keep it refrigerated]

Sending this to
Jayashree for the event MEC-Celebrating Bloggers,an event originally started by Srivalli.

26 comments :

  1. divya,
    this looks mouthwatering
    www.icookipost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! Sounds good!! I was actually hunting for KOI Mango chutney, guess I can make my own now! Thanks Divya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely entry, Divya. The chundo has a beautiful colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Mango Chundo recipe...the click is faboulous...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is easy! I will make chundo now instead of asking my mom to make a huge batch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never tried making jams and similars in a Mw. Will try it soon..

    ReplyDelete
  7. We call it keri paak and make it in a bit different way... looks really tempting Divya:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful click! What lovely colour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its new to me..Looks beautiful and attractive...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the chilli powder additon to it. I used to take part on all the events too till last year and I thought this blogging was taking over my life, so I have also stopped the hours i put into blog and bloghopping.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats lovely Divya..how sweet..I still remember those days when you started blogging..it was fun..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never had this before, glad to know its made in microwave, i love such goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely chundo.Delicious with parathas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a delicious spread! Miss those yummy mangoes..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the chundo. Click looks too tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. divya..i am gonna try this tomorrow itself...will let u know the result...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my god! I love mango chundo. Thanks for the recipe. The only time I get to eat is at my friends mom served us. Thank you Divya, This one is on my to do list as soon as I sight some raw mango in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful click divya..looks nice..

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanx for stopping by, divya. yes referred to youtube fr the weave :). my friend was quite happy and excited abt the cake.
    mango chundo looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I ve done the MEC version too, looks sinful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Love mango..this looks perfectly yummy.. mouthwatering.

    Pavithra
    www.dishesfrommykitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is new to me.... Nice click Divya:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Am Drooling at chunda! Looks too good! Tks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Divya,
    I tried this..Turned out too good..like all your other recipes:))
    Thanks,
    Vini

    ReplyDelete
  25. I made this too. How come I missed it here? It was really nice. And almost over considering the fact I made it just yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

A blog is not complete without the readers feedback.Please let me know how you liked my post.Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Love,
Divya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover