Saturday, December 5, 2009

Chocolate Cinnamon Bundt Cake


After the Jam Tarts,its time for some Cake..isn’t it??How about a rich Chocolate cake,flavoured with Cinnamon and a simple dusting of icing sugar..??Bring it on..:):).I had bookmarked this recipe from Deeba’s blog who in turn made it from Mary-The Food Librarian’s blog.The lovely chocolatey colour and the moist slices were too hard to ignore.I decided to make it once I lay my hands on a Bundt pan,but no such luck,I am still without one.Every time I checked the recipe and the pics,my desire increased and I decided,bundt or no bundt-I am making this.

After a season of Butter shortage,my fridge is suffering from a butter extravaganza..lol.Both of us[me and hubby] brought butter at different times and now I have almost a kilo of butter sitting pretty in my chiller.I decided I should put it to good use and BAKE:).

Its been a while since I made something for Ajay’s friends-how can I forget them,they are my loyal taste testers and quite often the cakes I make ends up in their tummy after my photo sessions.I usually keep a piece or two for us and pack off the rest to them.This time was no different.They loved it and the empty box[not even crumbs left] is the proof.I feel the cake tastes better the next day with the full flavors of chocolate and cinnamon seeping through..MMMM:)

Chocolate Cinnamon Bundt Cake
Recipe adapted from The Food Librarian,
who got the recipe from
Vintage Visuals-readapted from Deeba

Ingredients


Butter – ½ cup
Water – 1 cup
Vegetable oil – ½ cup
Cocoa powder – 5 tbsps[I used Cadburys]
Plain flour – 1 ½ cups
Wholewheat flour – ½ cup
Sugar – 1 ¾ cups
Salt – ½ tsp
Buttermilk – ½ cup
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Eggs – 2,lightly beaten
Cinnamon – 1 ½ tsps
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp

Method

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Grease a large bundt pan/ring mould with cooking spray.
Put butter, water, oil, and cocoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
Meanwhile, whisk together both flours, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
Then, add the buttermilk and baking soda.
Mix together the eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla in a small bowl, and add to the batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake 25 minutes.[Mine took 10 minutes extra] Allow cake to cool completely in the pan.

18 comments :

  1. awsome pics dear..the cake looks so mosit and rich, I just loved its color. I soooo feel like grabbing a piece from the monitor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Baker has baked a Wonderful cake.... I really loved it dearie :) the flavor of cinamon wud add up m sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's snowing! :) Lovely cake,sweetheart! I am so envious! I haven't seen butter here for the past one month and you have a KILO??? :S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent clicks and neat presentation dear....Cake sounds delicious......

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first picture is excellent! Cake looks absolutely chocolatey:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely clicks, the cake sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow got a festive look with the dusting! Excellent capture

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wat a fantastic click..moist and tempting cake..

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks so moist, dark and chocolatey..just the way am craving for..looks awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks delicious and its chocolate - what's not to like!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks more like a nice christmas cake...looks so apt for the season!!!nice click of the cake!!would love to have piece too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The last pic is simply yummy! You seem to be on a baking spree :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty ! Pretty! and tempting! looks so christmassy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. just right for Christmas...and oh so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty looking cake Divya. Guess it tasted awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cake looks just beautiful and so tempting...

    ReplyDelete

A blog is not complete without the readers feedback.Please let me know how you liked my post.Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Love,
Divya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover