Thursday, October 1, 2009

Vanilla Choco-Chip Pound Cake

Finally,finally I made it.The pound cake recipe must have been the one which I had bookmarked since ages.Every time some one posts it,I go into a dream and imagine myself eating all of it with no guilt bells ringing behind.Alas,they do and I am back to reality.Somehow,the thought of adding equal amount of butter put me off.I wondered if ever I would be able to take the plunge and do it.

As they say,I overcame the thought and made it after all;).Few days back,we went to a beach resort in Mahabalipuram and I made this for our on-the-way-snack.Though the journey took us only 45 minutes or so,all of us loved the cake very much.[There’s no reason to dislike this wonder-just pure goodness oozing out].Calories shared is calories not earned,so we forgot all about dieting and exercise and gorged on this one.

I saw this recipe first at Deeba’s blog.Though I fell in love with her bundt pan first,the recipe too has been pulling me back with a magic wand.I decided I’d make this when I get a bundt pan of my own.Recently,I hopped on to Purple Foodie’s blog and she had a recipe for the Pound cake which she made in a Loaf tin..now now,that’s something I have.So if you are willing to forget all about diet and weight and calories..this is the one for you.Pure butter heaven:).

On another note-I am on a diet from today and can’t stop dreaming of a pound cake..sigh!!



Vanilla Choco-Chip Pound Cake
Recipe adapted from Deeba & Shaheen

Ingredients

Butter; room temperature - 200gms
Eggs-4,large
Sugar(granular)-1 cup
Flour - 1 ½ cups
Whole-wheat flour - ½ cup
Baking powder - 1tsp
A pinch of salt
Chocolate chips -½ cup
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp

Method

Grease and flour a loaf tin.
Preheat oven to 175C.
Sift together the two flours, baking powder and salt.
Beat the butter & sugar well till light & fluffy.
Beat in eggs 1 by 1, beating well after each addition
Add the essence.
On low speed, beat in the flour, bit by bit, till well incorporated (4-5 goes).
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Turn into prepared pan and bake for approx 1 hour / till done.

Deeba's tip-If top seems to be getting too brown, loosely cover top with foil until done.
Leave in pan for 10 minutes, and then turn it out on rack to cool completely.
Slice and indulge:)


As I mentined earlier-bake this one and share the calories.Serve it for a tea-party and forget about those guilt pangs.So I am sharing this with Aparna & Meeta for this month's Monthly Mingle where the theme for the month is High-Tea treats.

17 comments :

  1. I love pound cakes! And your's look soft and yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God! They look soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No skimping on butter when it comes to pound cake. But if we eat it we are sure to gain some pounds. Maybe that's why it's called pound cake! (My brain is working over time I guess)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pound cake, prefect entry Divya..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks Divine! Wish I could get my loaf right away. Wait, lemme bookmark this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi.Who would not like to grab a bite of this cake...the only worry is calories, not the weight watcher's cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is so inviting...Put off the diet plan for one day, may be:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow looks great and sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pound cake need a pound of butter ur recipe is better Div! Choco chip sounds heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow..luks yummy..pound cake is very rich and soft

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey the cake looks delicious! Like I said in the post, pound cakes make such an awesome comfort food.

    I also like the way you think! "Calories shared is calories not earned" :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a beautiful pound cake, who cared about the calories when one can eat something delicous like this for Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like pound cake and it gets even better when there's chocolate in it.
    Thank you so much for sharing it with us. :)
    Though I must admit I'm happy its a virtaul sharing (at this time) because I couldn't resist it in real time and I can definitely do without the extra "pounds". ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhhh so tempting and beautiful dear.......

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pound cake looks perfect with all those choc chips. Great job Divya!

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks really yummy so nice and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks gorgeous..am back to singapore and am tempted to start with baking soon...

    ReplyDelete

A blog is not complete without the readers feedback.Please let me know how you liked my post.Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Love,
Divya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover