Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Coconut Laddoo ~ Diwali Mithai!!

I am back..yes,I’ve been gone too long if you ask me.Things have kept me busy and I have not been able to update the blog as often as I would have loved to and I am struggling to keep up with the goodie goodie posts that my blogger friends have posted.I hope to catch up soon.

Diwali is here once again and I am so looking forward to all the wonderful dishes that are going to make their presence felt in our lives as well as our waistlines:).But who cares..I am going to forget all about calories and cholesterol and such forgetful stuff[now who wants to remind me about my diet there..I promise I’ll give you one extra laddoo:)]

Is it evident or is it only me?I am struggling to fill up this post.I guess that’s what happens when you are away from the blog for so long.Ahh..so without any further delay,let me present you my first Diwali mithai..Coconut laddoo.One of the easiest laddoos I have ever made.Only two ingredients and it takes you less than 15 minutes from start to finish.So what are you waiting for..??

Coconut Laddoo

Ingredients
[Makes 30-32 laddoos]

Condensed milk[Milkmaid] – 1 tin
Grated coconut – 4 cups

Method

Keep aside about 50 gms of coconut aside.
In a thick bottomed kadai,add the rest of the coconut and the milkmaid and mix well.
Cook on low flame for about 5 minutes.
When the mixture starts leaving the sides of the kadai,switch off the flame and transfer the mix to another bowl and let it cool.
Grease your palms with butter and make small laddoos.
Roll them in coconut and arrange them on a butter paper.
Indulge and share the mithai with your ♥loved♥ ones too!!



Coconut Laddoo goes to Purva's event Indian Festive Food-Diwali Dhamaka

Happy Diwali!!

28 comments :

  1. WOw, looks delicious..I wanted to try this for a long time..Urs is looking gr8 with just two ingredients..have bookmarked it..Thanks and my advanced diwali wishes to u and ur family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only know about the one with semlina. This is new and looks really good. Happy diwali!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear perfect coconut ladoo....looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks so tempting... have never made laddoos.... welcome back!! and have a happy diwali

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love this laddoo, quite easy to do and suits incredible for any festivals..

    ReplyDelete
  6. first time here.wow perfect balls.Absolutely easy to make sweet.less cooking time too.Happy diwali to u and ur family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. this looks perfect. Absolutely tempting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Divya. Such a quick an easy sweet! Wish you a happy diwali!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um....Those ladoos looks so tempting....when u told only 2 ingredients, i thought i would do them today.....But i dont have condensed milk....I refrain myself from buying condensed milk becasue if it is there at home i cant stop thinking about making desserts....will try it sometime later....thanks for the recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its one of my favourites Divya.Lovely click.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow divs, yummy distha...got to try mine soon..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back Divya!

    Perfect looking ladoos! Hope you have an awesome Diwali! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy diwali to u..coconut ladoo is soo perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks really beautiful Divya! My favorite - I like anything with sweetened coconuts! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg, wat a delicious and tempting coconut ladoo..awesome work...Am drooling rite now here.I bookmarked it sure will try and let u know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to see you back.The Coconut ladoos look very tempting. Happy Diwali and Happy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your ladoo pics talk more than you here :) and oh boy! Its heavenly listening to them talk! Total yum!...so shall I say 'welcome back?' :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. ive always loved these but never made them..cant get over how easy they are to make...thanks for such a simple yet GREAT recipe...love the pics

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow.. tempting perfect shaped ladoos divya!! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I made into burfi with the same ingre and amount!
    Ladoos are also perfect mithai!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome quick to make sweet dish..would love to try it for this Diwali!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Divya,
    I tried this today..It was a hit..thanks:)

    Vini

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Dhivya,

    I tried Coconut Laddoo for Gokulashtami, It was fantastic. Easy and Yummy. I like to share in my blog http://preethibhojan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. hey i made last month n i thought i invented this recipe:(:(:(:(

    ReplyDelete
  25. i made them a while ago and they turned out really good ^_^ thank you very much !!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Trying one.. right now.. wish me good luck. thanks for sharing.,

    ReplyDelete

A blog is not complete without the readers feedback.Please let me know how you liked my post.Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Love,
Divya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover