Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sprouted Moong Kosumbari

Few years back,I would cringe at the thought of having a salad as a 11 AM snack or a dinner by itself,but now I happily crunch and munch away.Salad bar was one area I completely neglected while on a buffet or a dinner party.And moreover,salad to me was cut cucumber,tomato and onions.When I was required to increase my salad intake while on my diet,I was confused.I did not like eating raw onions and other than in tomato sauce or any tomato-based gravies,I disliked tomatoes too.

But sometimes,you have to go against your wishes and follow a plan.Diet works only and only if you have a proper diet plan.I was determined to lose weight and hence was willing to eat anything which my dietician prescribed.I started checking out different salad recipes,checked out low-fat recipes in websites and what not.Ma-in-law makes salads on a daily basis and I started following her recipes which gave me different varieties to choose from.Now I too make different salads daily and as the McDonald’s ad says – I’m Loving it!!


P.S - After the dessert overdose at Easycooking,I guess I have to make it up with this healthy salad;-)!!!

Sprouted Moong Kosumbari ~ Sprouted Green gram Salad

Ingredients


Sprouted Moong – ½ cup
Cucumber – ½ of 1 medium sized cucumber-chopped finely
Tomato – 1,small-chopped finely
Grated coconut(optional) – 1 tsp
Crushed jaggery – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves – ½ a bunch
Crushed pepper – ½ tsp
Juice of 1 lime
Salt to taste

Method

Mix together sprouted moong,cucumber,tomato,grated coconut,chopped coriander leaves and crushed pepper.
Add crushed jaggery,lime juice and salt to taste.
Serve immediately.


Off this goes to Susan,of Well-seasoned cook who is hosting this month's My Legume Love Affair Eighth helping.

13 comments :

  1. So healthy and refreshing to eat for lunch, isn't it? There is an event called "Healthy bites" somewhere to send this beauty! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here..was never to salads..Now I too make atleast some salad daily..Kosambari looks good..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi divya,really its a very healthy salad:)i used to have this when i was feeding my baby..It increases the milk supply.I added little soaked methi seeds too...Nice salad...Do visit my blog at ur free time:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy...can I have a serving of this Khatta-Meetha-tikha salad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colorful & healthy salad , he he U even used Jaggery to sweeten up ur salad :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. woo such an healthy dish can be had anytime..

    ReplyDelete
  7. i too make and love salad using mung bean sprouts or matki sprouts..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this salad. I would love to have it anytime of the day. I love moong sprouts with lemon juice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely salad...and no fat, either. Sure better snack than cookies!

    Thanks for sharing your recipe for MLLA8!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats a healthy way to start out a day Divya and I am a huge fan of salads, so this is a must try by me. love the addition of jaggery. :)

    Cheers,
    Siri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, packed with health and goodness. Nice kosambari Divya, it looks so crisp and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best healthy dish..good one Divya..:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! Mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete

A blog is not complete without the readers feedback.Please let me know how you liked my post.Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Love,
Divya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover