Saturday, November 1, 2008

Godu Phovu - RM#2

Diwali has taken its toll..am struggling to shake off the excess weight gained during the last weekend..it is hard isn’t it?But I wouldn’t trade the fun and frolic for anything else..!!When I planned to make sweets for Diwali,I had decided that both of us wouldn’t speak about calories and weight till Diwali is over.A change of plans took us to Blr for Diwali and I couln’t make any sweets,instead ended up having truck loads from sweet boxes from all around.It does help if you close your eyes and eat;-)

Back home,we decided to go on a strict diet for the rest of the week.There comes another set of sweet boxes..Kaju katli and Mysore pa are definitely not one’s friend during a diet,so you can guess that the diet has been extended till the sweets are over..;-).I didn’t make any efforts either,just went ahead and made another sweet,Godu Phovu-poha in jaggery-coconut mix.

Recipe Marathon - Day 1

Godu phovu

Ingredients


Thin Poha – 1 cup
Jaggery – 1 ½ cups grated
Coconut – 1 ½ cups grated
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Ghee – 1 tsp

Method

Make the churna-
In a thick bottom pan,melt the jaggery in ¼ cup water,sieve and keep aside.
Add ½ of the grated coconut and cardamom powder,mix well.
In another pan,add the poha and rest of the coconut and mix well with your hands(this is to make the poha soft).
Add the churna and mix well.
Add a tsp of ghee and serve!!
Lakshmi of Kitchen Chronicles have passed the Butterfly Award to me.Thank you Lakshmi!
The rules of the award are: Put the logo on your blog. Add a link to the person who awarded you. Nominate 10 other blogs. Add links to those blogs on yours, and leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.

I would like to pass this award to my Fellow Marathon Runners!!

1) DK
2) Siri
3)
Srivalli
4)
Ranji
5)
PJ
6)
CurryLeaf
7)
Medha
8)
Priya
9)
Bhawna
10)
Raaji
11)
Ruchii
12)
Anu
13)
Kamala
14)
Roopa


22 comments :

  1. Thats lovely...good to have you in the RM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to make this with sugar..Good luck Divya..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Traditional phovu to start the race.I love this actually.Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Divu, my kids fave ...liked your version..mine no different but mom used to add coconut water to make pohu soft n flavorsome in place of water. (add only if its sweet)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on ur well deserved award, blog is as colorful as the butterfly, with mouthwatering recipes n lovely writeup! May you hv many many more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious Phovu...My version is quite different from urs...Happy to run along with u in recipe marathon..thanks a lot for passing the awards too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vow that looks so lovely....first time here.....nice to know that u are on of RM runners.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... I love god Phovu.. I am missing Thin phovu here.Wish I had got some from India :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. delicious!!! i had lots of this when i came to india :)...it feels good to be back..really nice to have u in RM :)..good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree...mom's given me so many dabbas of mithai to take back. Not sure when I will eat (and it's just me which makes it worse). But it's only once a year :)

    Good luck for the recipe marathon

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey Divya this is very innovative. bookmarked it, lovely recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi Divya:) Long time:) i visited your previous entrees that i missed:) Must say it rocks like your profile photo :)
    Hey godda phovu is something I like too:) I had posted one made using jaggery with phovu.
    The pic looks too good, it looks like some exotic dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for the award divya, it was kind of you to pass on to your Marathon buddies:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehehe..how did u know about my secret of closing my eyes while gobbling the sweets ;-)

    I have made this same dish with v little variations. I love itttt..its tastes so yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. And hey I forgot!

    Thanks for passing on the award :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. He he Divya u keep making sweet after Diwali and the fact of weight gain too ? The phovu looks absolutely mouthwatering :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice to have you with me in the run nice recipe

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is very different. Sounds yumm. Its fun running the marathon with you. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is my dads fav!!Thanks for the award.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is my dads fav!!Thanks for the award.

    ReplyDelete

A blog is not complete without the readers feedback.Please let me know how you liked my post.Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Love,
Divya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover