Monday, October 13, 2008

Vanilla Cupcakes

Vanilla Cupcake

I am so happy and delighted.Never thought I’d ever be able to make something like this.As a matter of fact,I consider myself an average cook and even more average baker.I haven’t baked much-just a little baking done in the MW,that’s all.It's only recently that I started making cookies and stuff.Each time I make something new,I feel a wave of confidence flowing..it's such a nice feeling.

Deeba’s blog is one place where I go just for eye candy.I know I’ll never be able to recreate the magic that she presents there.It's sheer talent and I am awed by her.I sometimes don’t even check the recipe,since I can’t take my eyes off the tempting pictures that she clicks.And she knows how to present a dish beautifully..simply superb!!Even though I check her posts regularly,I go through her blog every now and then,through her old posts.

Vanilla Cupcake
During my last visit to Ekm,I got myself a muffin pan and few other stuff.I’ve been searching for a simple muffin recipe and while I was going through the blog,I came across this recipe which seemed pretty easy.I went through the recipe many times to check and recheck if I was missing something,but no,it was just an easy one.Last weekend,I finally made this.

I truly don’t have any words to express how it turned out.One of my best baking results so far.They puffed up and browned so nicely that I myself am amused.This is the first time that I had to ask hubby to stop coz he just couldn’t stop eating it(and he claims he does not have a sweet tooth!!).Even the measurement is accurate,the recipe yielded exactly 18 muffins and I am not at all surprised at their disappearing act!!Thanks so much Deeba,you are a gem!!!
Vanilla Cupcake Vanilla Cupcakes

Ingredients

Flour - 2 cups
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Butter – ½ cup
Sugar – 1 ¼ cup
Milk - 1 cup
Vanilla Essence / extract - 1 tsp
Eggs - 2

Method

Preheat the oven to 190C. Line or grease the muffin pans.
Vanilla Cupcake-step1 

Sift flour,baking powder and salt 3 times. Keep aside.
Cream butter and sugar well.
Vanilla Cupcake-step2 

Add vanilla and eggs and beat well.
On low speed, beat in flour mix and milk alternatively in 3 lots.
Vanilla Cupcake-step3 

Fill each muffin pan to ¾ th depth, and bake for 20-25 minutes till done.
Vanilla Cupcake-step4 

Remove from muffin pan immediately and cool on racks.
Makes approximately 18 muffins.


Notes
  • The cupcakes tastes plain as is,perfect as a tea-time treat but some chocolate frosting on top takes it to a dessert level. Vanilla Cupcake
  • You could also add tutti-frooty,chocolate chips or nuts to make it taste different every time. Vanilla Cupcake
Pictures updated on 26/07/2012

29 comments :

  1. Divu, this is a recipe I hv memorised made it sooo many times and was in demand by inlaws too!! Made it thrice in mumbai on my vacation-tastes great warm or moist the next day! Now u too wd b addicted !! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muffins looks delicious.
    I do agree about deepas blog, she has such a wonderful baking recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.....
    This is a very nice cupcake. Looks so good. Nice recipe....

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! looks yummy div! hey pineapple n vanilla sounds great..good combo yaar..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy .. yummmy ... yummmy .. wish I cud make them on my microwave ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purnima'di..you bet,we are addicted,hubby has already started asking when am baking the next batch!!A simple and easy recipe,yup tastes great warm as well as moist next day..yumm!!

    HC,Sukanya..thank you!!

    Sangeeth..thanks so much.I just experimented with it and glad it came out good..!!

    Kamalika..thank you..hmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy muffins divya :) will try it sometime soon..I love vanila cupcakes..

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look pretty Divya..I just love baking muffins..

    ReplyDelete
  9. These vanilla cupcakes look extremely inviting and tempting...Good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful presentation..cupcakes look yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  11. the pineapple essence is a great idea..may be i will try it out without the eggs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice job, Divya. The cupcakes look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy muffins..tempting clicks..would love to pick ne from the click...delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  14. divs..cup cakes luk toooo gud...good gng...noted down the rcp..will try this weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Divya. Cupcakes are looking delicious and tempting. Good one to share. I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the crack on top of ur cupcake! Deeba has a amazing collection!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These cupcakes look fantastic. You've done a great job on them.

    Thanks for sending them into bookmarked recipes

    ReplyDelete
  18. *BLUSH* Divya...I'm glad they came out good. I'm pretty embarassed...thanks for all the wonderful words. You've made my day. xoxoxo Deeba

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Divya,

    Made these and they turned out super yum! Thanks to you and Deeba both.

    I have posted this in my blog. Do check when u find time:

    http://amchi-bong-konnexion.blogspot.com/2011/08/vanilla-cupcakes.html

    Regards,
    Seema

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Divs, they look so pretty! I'm game for these cupcakes anytime :) Btw, I also have a similar baking tin, bought from ekm. You got the cupcake liners also from there? It looks nice!

    Cheers
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria.Yes the tins and the liners are from Staines.

      Delete
  22. As i started reading I was jus wondering, if u call urself newbie at baking, wat abt me!! Then figured this post is dated 2008 :) Awesome looking cuppies, will try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, can u pls share the recipe for the chocolate frosting u used on ur cupcake (pic1).. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used a basic butter frosting.!1/2 cup softened butter + 2 cups icing sugar-beat well.Mix in 2 tbsp cocoa powder mixed with 2 tbsp milk-beat well.

      Delete
  24. Hi, I see that you have set the knob to broil position. Shouldn't it be bake? Pls let me know as I am planning on making this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got an eye for detail Kirti:)I did set the otg on broil mode because for some unknown reason,my cupcakes didn't brown that time even though it was cooked perfectly in the middle.So I set the oven on broil mode for 3 minutes so that the top could brown too.It should be set on bake position otherwise.

      Delete
  25. Hi...i want to try this receipe...but pls tell me if the batter can be stored? Coz my oven is small and can fit only 12 cups at a time. Should it be refrigerated or at room temp? Should we beat again before using

    ReplyDelete

A blog is not complete without the readers feedback.Please let me know how you liked my post.Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Love,
Divya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover