Friday, August 1, 2008

Chocolate Yogurt Cake


Its been a while since I baked a cake.The Zebra cake was quite a mouthful,literally;-).Both of us are not so fond of sweets and somehow I don't relish eating the stuff which I make,so its difficult finishing off one batch.But I had to make this cake..mainly because I haven't posted it on my blog despite it being the first cake I made!!I should say it is a fool-proof cake.I mean,it was a success when I made it,what more proof do you want,;-).

Lakshmivanni,my co-sis,sent me this recipe when I asked her for an easy-successful-delicious-no fuss-very forgiving cake recipe.When I went through the ingredients,I felt it would work out fine.I did not have an oven then and I tried it at a friends place.It came out superb and was over in a jiffy.It does not need any frosting too,it tastes great fresh out of the oven,MW in my case!I remember,we just couldn't wait for the cake to cool down to invert on a wire rack.We cut the cake and had it from the bowl in which it was baked.It got crumbled,but who cares!;-).It has a very moist and melt in your mouth texture and the best part according to me is,even after adding 2 eggs it absolutely does not have an eggy taste.Hubby just couldn't make out whether I added eggs or not..!!

Vanni recently made muffins using the same batter and it has come out wonderful.So it makes a great recipe for Chocolate muffins too!!



Chocolate Yogurt Cake Ingredients

Butter - 2/3 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Eggs - 2
Maida/Flour - 1 1/4 cup
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Cocoa powder - 4 tbsp
Curds - 1 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp

Method

Mix butter and sugar well,till fluffy.
Add eggs one by one and mix well.
Mix vanilla essence and curds to this mixture.
Sift together maida,cocoa powder,baking powder and baking soda.
Add the flour-mix 1 tbsp at a time to the wet ingredients and mix well till you get a smooth batter.
Pour the batter in a greased MW bowl and bake at 80% power for 8-10 minutes.

For the icing

I used a fudge icing for this cake.Cut the cake into two horizontally,apply one half of the icing evenly over one layer.
Place the other layer on top and apply the other half over this.
I placed few gems over the cake and stuck some crushed nuts on the sides.



Update - Srivalli has announced a Potluck party to celebrate the anniversary edition of her Microwave easy cooking series.This month's theme is MEC-Potluck party.Prepare anything in your MW and send it to her,lets have a party folks!!!I am sending this cake since,making/baking a cake was the first thing I learnt to prepare in MW,after re-heating of course;-).

11 comments :

  1. Yummilicious cake.. that too in MW. good one. Loved the slice pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading some raving reviews from all those who made yoghurt cakes! Looks good, Divya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats delicious! I must try baking in MW too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake slice is looking yummy :) Love yogurt cake !

    ReplyDelete
  5. creative idea of adding yougurt...gud job...happy friendship day

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, the cake looks so good..i think i have to try it now after th e zebra cake..how did i missed reading this post for so long?

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy cake and wow a great collection....really cute....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jayasree..thank you!!

    Sunshinemom..thanks!!

    Seema..thank you.Do try in MW,fast and easy!!

    Cham..thanks so much!!

    Divya,Vibhas..thank you!!

    Suma..thanks.Belated wishes to you too!!

    Sowmya..thanks.Do try it!!

    Sangeeth..thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks a lot shearing this recepi

    ReplyDelete

A blog is not complete without the readers feedback.Please let me know how you liked my post.Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Love,
Divya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover