Monday, May 26, 2008

Eggless Chocolate cake by my Bro

On my parents' wedding anniversary,my two elder brothers surprised my amma with a Microwave oven.I felt very happy hearing that!!Ever since,my brother(yeah!)has been asking me for an eggless cake recipe so that he can make it on his own.I suggested my own version of Eggless chocolate cake which I got from Shilpa's blog.But maybe,he wanted to try another one,so he just asked me about the power and time settings.I was also anxious to see how this new recipe came about.He surprised everyone and made a wonderful cake..though the recipe is from a Cookbook(he's not gonna be very happy reading this,hehe).

Jokes apart,he made not one but 4 cakes..yeah you read that right,pretty cool for a newcomer in kitchen,right?He called me up and said the cake dish was medium sized,so I suggested he bake it in two pans.It seems,the cake in the smaller pan got over the moment it got inverted into a plate.The second one,in a big pan was kept aside for fudge topping.He was so surprised and impressed with his own efforts that he decided to bake two more.Here comes the funny part,the third one also came out well.But the fourth and the last one was neglected too much and it got burned.I couldn't control my laughter when I heard this..;-)Anyway,cheers to my bro Somannu,who incidentally celebrates his birthday today.

Happy Birthday to you my dearest Somannu..Love ya!!!

Eggless Chocolate cake
A quick microwave chocolate cake that nobody can resist!!!

Ingredients

Maida/Flour - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
Butter - 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar - 1 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Hot milk - 1/2 cup
Curds - 1/2 cup
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp

Method

Grease an 8 inch round microwave safe dish.Line with butter paper.
Sieve flour,baking powder and cocoa powder thrice.
In a seperate bowl,beat butter and sugar till fluffy.
Add vanilla essence,curd and baking soda,beat well.
Add 1/2 of the flour mix and 1/2 of the milk,mix slowly and repeat the same process twice till everything is mixed well.
Transfer to the dish and microwave uncovered at 60 % power for 11 minutes.
Cool for 10 minutes and invert into a rack or a plate.

Fudge icing

Butter - 1 tbsp
Milk - 2 tbsp
Icing sugar or sieved powdered sugar - 3/4 cup
Cocoa powder - 1 tbsp
Coffee powder - 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence - 1/4 tsp

Mix icing sugar,coffee and cocoa powder.
Take butter and milk in a bowl and microwave at 60 % power for 1 and 1/2 minutes.
Add rest,mix well and pour over the cake.
Delicious chocolate cake with fudge icing is ready!!!

14 comments :

  1. Wow Divu, thats great..(my bro is currently helping whanni in decorating n photographing..so that makes me feel a bit proud..hee) ur bro bcame a pro!! WOW..pls wish him on our bhalf as well..all his efforts are worth it!Thks for sharing the recipe, n doesn't make it any less pricey as we all tend to hv recipes frm cookbooks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy bday to your brother....lovely cake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cake, especially as it is done in MW.
    Till now i have never ventured baking in MW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats really gr8 that ur bro did this....very nice recipe

    ReplyDelete
  5. long time,..where were u...nice cake,..my wishesto ur bropther,.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey its good to know that ur bro made thid cake...looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Divya YOu have a B'day Surprise in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely cake for a first timer. Happy b'day to your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Egg less cake!... Nice try. Love chocolate cake a lot, my fav...

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHHHH my god.......Som made only this cake....But 04 of his friends including me suffered a lot for 02 days.....!! he has not taken a single piece of that cake.....!! Poor Big 'B'...he was in toilet for almost 02 days.....!!

    SOM never make such cakes in your life....please....!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Raju-a.k.a Rajannu-thats a very funny comment..thanks!!I hope it isn't true though!!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello divya....can u pls tell me what u mean by 60% power????how much will it be in degrees ???pls reply fast as i plan to make this cake soon....thanks for all ur wonderful recipes divya....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sujatha,this cake is made in mw mode,hence the power mode.Power denotes the heat/temperature required to mw.Usually it is in %,hence I've given the power %.If your mw has a power button,keep pressing it till it reaches the desired percentage.Some mw will only have low,medium and high percentage,in that case use the medium power level.Hope this helps!

      Delete

A blog is not complete without the readers feedback.Please let me know how you liked my post.Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Love,
Divya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover