Saturday, April 12, 2008

Karathe phodi-Bittergourd fries

I have been thinking hard what to prepare for VoW-Bittergourd event.All my blogger friends have posted such yummy recipes that I am lost as to what to make myself.I wanted to make bittergourd kondattams but I was running out of time.I was casually talking about this to my hubby and suddenly got the idea of making it for VoW.It is one of the items on menu for Ugadi,so two birds and a stone;-)This is the only way I like bittergourd.Hubby loves this and asks me to make it every now and then.But since its a deep fried item,it finds a way into the plate only once in a while..Like this time..

Karathe phodi/Bittergourd fries

Ingredients


Bittergourd - 1 big,cut in thin round slices-discard hard seeds,if any.
Chilly powder - 2 tbsp
Hing/asafoetida - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Rice flour-as required
Oil for frying

Method

Wash bitter gourd slices well.
Make a paste of chilly powder,hing and salt.
Apply this to the bitter gourd slices and keep aside for 15 minutes.
Roll the slices in rice flour and deep fry in oil.
Fry till both sides are well browned and cooked.
Serve with rice or just as a snack..!!

Check out VoW Bittergourd round up here.

5 comments :

  1. great way to eat bittergourd!pic looks so yummm

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet of you Divya , to put it on your thoughts to come up with something really nice with bitter gourd.
    Fries looks crunchy :P ,it makes my mouth watering:) .
    Thanks for participation and sharing this lovely dish .
    Btw , it makes me feel good to see All 3 divya here in one place ;) .

    ReplyDelete

A blog is not complete without the readers feedback.Please let me know how you liked my post.Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Love,
Divya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover